1. No lot shall be used except for residential purposes. No building shall be erected, altered, placed or permitted to remain on any lot other than one (1) single family dwelling or double dwelling as provided by City of Piqua Zoning Regulations.
2. The floor area of each single dwelling structure, exclusive of open porches, garages, carports or patios, shall not be less than 1,400 Sq. Ft. The first floor of a two story or one and one half story structure shall have a minimum of 800 Sq. Ft. All duplex structures shall have 900 Sq. Ft. minimum per living unit.
3. The exterior design, square footage, elevations, building locations and construction materials of all buildings and pools shall be approved in writing by both of the developers, Indian Ridge Builders and Teeters Real Estate Investments, LLC, or an architectural review committee chosen by the developers prior to the issuance of a building permit and evidenced by a signed plot plan and blueprint. An accurate, approved blueprint and plot plan shall be provided for the files of the developers/ARC. All residences and attached garages shall have exteriors containing block and/or stone, with combinations of wood or vinyl siding permitted. Detached structure exteriors may contain any combination of the above materials. Vinyl soffits are permitted. Roll roofing is not permitted. No exterior shall have more than eight (8) inches of exposed concrete block or concrete walls or foundation.
4. No lot shall be hereafter subdivided into additional residential lots. Except double lots can be split for two deedable residences.
5. No trailer, basement, campshack, garage, barn or other out-building shall be used at any time as a residence, temporary or permanently upon said property, nor shall any structure of a character to be used as a residence.
6. Any fencing or hedges that may be erected or planted must be of an attractive and durable material. No fences shall be placed or allowed to remain nearer to the street than the front face of the house. No barbed wire, no chain link, no field fencing or similar types of fencing may be used upon the property at any location.
7. No worn out, discarded or unlicensed automobiles, machinery or vehicles or parts thereof shall be stored on any lot and no part thereof shall be used for automobile junk piles or the storage of any kind of junk or waste material.
8. No noxious nor offensive activities shall be carried on upon any residential lot in this subdivision, nor shall anything be done thereon which may become an annoyance or nuisance.
9. No Animal, livestock or poultry of any kind shall be raised, bred or kept on any lot, except dogs, cats, or other household pets may be kept, provided they are not kept, bred, or maintained for commercial purposes.
10. No structure of a temporary character may be permitted on any premises except during the active period of construction of building.
11. No above ground swimming or wading pools shall be permitted on any lot except one wading pool not to exceed fifty (50) Sq. Ft. and shall not exceed 16 inches in height.
12. All lots are to be seeded or sodden and landscaped within six (6) months of the completion of the house. Landscaping shall include planting three (3) trees which are five (5) ft. minimum height.
13. These protective covenants and restrictions shall run with the land and shall be binding on all parties and all persons claiming under them until January 1, 2030. These protective covenants and restrictions shall be automatically extended for consecutive terms of ten (10) years each unless, before expiration of the initial term or a subsequent ten (10) year extension, they are terminated by the recording of a written instrument executed by not less than sixty percent (60%) of the owners of all lots in this Section consenting to such termination. These protective covenants and restrictions may be amended at any time by written consent of sixty percent (60%) of the owners of all lots in this Section. In any termination or amendment document each owner shall have one (1) vote for each individual lot owned by him. If more than one person owns a lot, then all of the owners together shall have one vote. The signatures of all of the owners shall be necessary to exercise the one vote.
14. These covenants shall be enforceable by injunction or otherwise by grantor, his, her or its successors or assigns. If the parties hereto, or their grantees, heirs, successors or assigns, shall violate or attempt to violate any of the protective covenants or restrictions herein, it shall be lawful for any other person(s) owning a lot in said development or the developer/ARC to prosecute and proceedings at law or in equity against the person or persons violating or attempting to violate any such protective covenant or restriction and either to prevent him, her or them from doing so or to recover damages or other dues from such violation.
15. Invalidation of any one of these protective covenants or restrictions by judgment or court order shall in no way affect any of the other provisions which shall remain in full force and effect. All costs of litigation and attorney’s fees resulting from violation or these protective covenants and restrictions shall be the financial responsibility of the lot owner or owners found in violation.
16. All lot owners are members of the Indian Ridge-Piqua Homeowners Association and must comply with the declarations and any rules and regulations including the payment of dues of the Indian Ridge-Piqua Homeowners Association for the mutual benefit of all owners.
17. All builders must be approved by The Developers.